It's cement day for the new feed mill in St. James.
May 18, 2022
It's cement day for the new feed mill in St. James. Below are some highlights from today:
- 450 yds of concrete will be poured today
- The concrete pad will be 42 inches thick
- 40,000 lbs. of rebar in the cement pad
- The crew started at 4 AM and will finish later today
- The cement top will cure in 24 hours and the center will cure in 2 weeks
- Next steps: stem walls and moving dirt for grinding towers
Read More News
During the Closing General Session on March 23, NGFA Chairman Greg Beck presented the NGFA Distinguished Service Award to Dennis Inman, the vice president of grain at Central Farm Service.
Jim Jung, CFS Energy Operations Manager, was awarded the G.F. Bursinger Award, the Minnesota Propane Association's highest award for leadership and service to the propane industry and the propane association.
“Another great mentor has been Dennis Inman, vice president of Grain at CFS and former location manager for Cargill in Pipestone, MN in the early ‘90s. I worked for Dennis early in my career, and he was a great communicator.