3 CFS Board Of Directors Complete Training
Jan 27, 2020
CFS Board of Directors, John Peach, Charlie Johnson, and Dale Stensrud complete Director Training at Iowa Institute.
Directors from across the state came together last week in Storm Lake and Cedar Falls to take part in the IIC's Director Certification Program (DCP). DCP is an overview of the critical roles, responsibilities, and skill requirements needed to become an effective, contributing board member. Topics covered in this four-phase program include:
• An overview of co-op history, purpose and practices
• Management/director teamwork and separation of duties
• Legal responsibilities of cooperative directors
• Strategic planning and how to handle opportunities and problems
• Understanding cooperative financial statements
• Communication with and compensation of management
12 directors, from 7 cooperatives, completed the program (and several others that started their training) this year.
Pictured are those who have completed their training.
Sitting L-R: John Peach: Central Farm Service, Dave Stensrud:Central Farm Service, James Rothmeyer:Farmers Union Cooperative
Standing L-R: Chuck Knutson: Farmers Union Cooperative, Aaron Thompson: Gold-Eagle Cooperative, Chuck Groepper: First Cooperative, Steve Breitbach: Five Star Cooperative, Mike Lange: First Cooperative, Ryan Bristle: Landus Cooperative, Charlie Johnson:Central Farm Service, Richard Best: Farmers Union Cooperative